BG Group announced Wednesday that commercial operations have begun from the second train at the Queensland Curtis LNG (QCLNG) plant.
QGC, BG Group’s Australian subsidiary, has now assumed control of Train 2 from Bechtel Australia, which built the facility. BG Group now has full control of both LNG trains and associated facilities at QCLNG. By mid-2016 the integrated project is expected to reach plateau production, producing enough LNG to load around ten vessels per month, which is equivalent to exporting around eight million tons per year.
Helge Lund, BG Group’s chief executive, commented in a company statement:
“As we assume full control of the entire QCLNG plant, we remain focused on managing the facility safely and responsibly. The QGC and Bechtel team deserve great credit for the completion of the project, and I would also like to thank our partners, contractors, government authorities including the State of Queensland, together with the landholders and the communities from across the Surat Basin to Curtis Island for their support. They all helped us to not only connect QCLNG to more wells than any liquefaction plant in the world, but establish a new LNG industry based on natural gas in coal seams. With both trains now fully operational, QCLNG adds significant volumes and flexibility to our LNG shipping and marketing portfolio.”
The partners in Train 2 are BG Group, which holds a 97.5 percent interest, and Tokyo Gas, which holds the remaining 2.5 percent interest.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.