Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted Det norske oljeselskap ASA consent to use the Transocean Winner (mid-water semisub) for production drilling and completion on the Volund field in the central North Sea.
Situated around six miles south of the Alvheim field in water depth between 393 and 426 feet, the Volund field is estimated to hold reserves of approximately 12 million barrels of oil equivalent net to Det norske. The field came on-stream in September 2009, with regular production commencing in mid-April 2010.
Det norske holds a 65 percent operated interest in Volund. Lundin Norway AS holds the remaining 35 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.