Friday, December 08, 2017
OSLO, Dec 8 (Reuters) – Italian oil firm Eni has received permission to restart production at its Goliat oilfield in the Arctic Barents Sea following a shutdown lasting more than two months, Norway’s Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) said on Friday.
The PSA ordered the company to shut the 100,000 barrels-per-day field on Oct. 6 due to problems with the Goliat platform’s explosion-proof electric motors.
Eni, the operator, has 65 percent, and Norway’s Statoil holds the remaining 35 percent stake in the world’s northernmost offshore oilfield, which started production in 2016.
(Reporting by Nerijus Adomaitis, editing by Terje Solsvik)
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.