The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for appraisal well 6507/3-12 A, located in production license 159B.
The drilling of well 6507/3-12 A, which will be performed by the Deepsea Bergen (mid-water semisub) drilling facility, is contingent upon Statoil securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing operations, the NPD said.
Statoil is the operator with an ownership interest of 85 percent. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge AS with 15 percent.
Production licence 159 was awarded in licensing round 12 Part B on the Norwegian shelf, and production licence 159 B was carved out on 13 August 2004.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.