The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6507/3-12, located in production license 159B, offshore Norway.

The permit is contingent upon Statoil securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities. Well 6507/3-12 will be drilled using the Deepsea Bergen (mid-water semisub) drilling facility.

Production license 159 was awarded in licensing round 12 Part B on the Norwegian shelf and production license 159 B was carved out on 13 August 2004.

Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator of the license with an ownership interest of 85 percent. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge AS with 15 percent.

Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com









WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.




Source link

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY